4. Diversity

4. Diversity

Friday, May 6, 2011

2. Common Good

My work at the Kaleidoscope Arts Camp benefited the Common Good  in several ways. Firstly I was able to help children have a positive experience by sharing with them my passion for music. Secondly, and perhaps more importantly, because the camp offers financial aid possibilities for kids whose families are not in the most stable economic shape, I was able to help provide a positive experience for kids who may not have the chance participate in activities in the arts very often.

My work with some of the kids who were there with financial aid served as a reminder that despite where we might come from we all as human beings share many things in common, and when we bring out our similarities we can cooperate and become friends, just as I witnessed friendships forming between the campers.

No comments:

Post a Comment